Cosmetic Eye Surgery
Blephasteam is the first convenient eyelid warming device recommended to relieve symptoms of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) and associated diseases such as posterior blepharitis, meibomitis, ocular rosacea, chalazion, contact lens intolerance, dry eye.
Blephasteam provides a moist and heat therapy. This dual action unblocks the meibomian glands, improves the tear quality, therefore improving symptoms, ocular health, vision and comfort.
Based on the original scientific studies of Dr JR Fuller, Blephasteam device has been developed in conformity with CE mark by Laboratoires Théa, a leading ophthalmologic company specialized in lid care and designed in collaboration with eye care specialists.
It is well established that Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) conditions involve an alteration in the quality of the tear film lipid layer. This alteration is responsible for symptoms of eye irritation, inflammation and apparition of concomitant ocular surface diseases such as posterior blepharitis, meibomitis, ocular rosacea, chalazion, contact lens intolerance, dry eye.
It has been observed by ophthalmologists that a daily application of heat and humidity on the eyelids has a beneficial effect upon various Meibomian Gland Dysfunction conditions.
Blephasteam – see real benefits:
- Due to the unique nature of the design it is possible to gain a set heat, which gives latent therapy and achieves a moisture that is beneficial to eye health.
- Quality of blink preserved – so meibomian oil can be released on closure and tear can be re-surfaced on blinking.
- Efficient on tear film stability and ocular health.
- Convenient and easy to use :10 minutes session twice a day.
- Scientifically proven by an independent body to improve tear quality, decrease tear evaporation and improve vision.
- The therapy is a natural solution for eyelids and ocular surface disease, no preservatives or phosphates.